- Directors and Associate Directors
- Ngubane staff members
- Clients and suppliers
The purpose of this position is to manage and lead GRC personnel in conducting their work and developing the GRC department and the firm.
The Managers must always demonstrate the following minimum competencies as requried in terms of the IIA’s Internal Audit Competency Framework
- Demonstrates Professional Ethics
- Proficiency in Audit Management
- Proficiency of International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- Proficiency of Governance, Risk and Control Processes
- Good Business Acumen
- Superior Communication with clients and team members
- Demonstrate Superior Persuation and Collaboration abilities
- Demonstrate Critical Thinking
- Superior Internal Audit Delivery
- Demonstrate Improvement and Innovation
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Development of the client’s audit plans.
- Conduct preaudit planning meetings.
- Carry out quality assurance review of working papers and draft reports before submision to the Senior Managers or Directors
- Responsible for project staff allocation taking into account the requried skills and competencies..
- Review prepared audit files, issue review notes and ensure files are archeived within the required timerames.
- Prepare and present audit reports before audit committees.
- Ensure conformance with International Standards for the Professional Practices of Internal Audit and all other mandatory elements of the International Profesional Practices Framework.
- Ensure timely builling of clients and discuss the issuing of credit notes before approaching the finance manager for the issuing of same.
- General management and monitoring of project WIP.
- Office administration, Business Development and Maintaining Profitability for the office
- Approve leave for assistant audit managers, supervisors, senior internal auditors,internal auditorsand trainees.
- Act as a link between the Senior Managers, GRC Directors and the rest of the engagement team.
- Manager or be responsbile for the execution of all engagements assigned.
- Management of Audit Team.
- Prepare and present the departmental reports to the departmental meetings.
- Consolidate performance reviews for submission to HR department.
- Liaise with the Director for finalization of audit budget.
- Planning and Management of audit meetings.
- Handle GRC staff queries and / or escalate to Senior Manager or Director if necessary.
- Preparation of audit file containing audit evidence to support audit opinions
- Build relationships with clients and identify potential additional work opportunities at existing clients
- Train, coach and develop team members and provide support to other colleagues as required.
- Ensure client data is handled securely in accordance with the Firm’s and client’s data protection procedures
- Maintain liaison with clients to ensure completion of assignments is in line with planned timescales/budgets
- Maintains high professional standards of conduct and practice.
- Present reports to the bi-weekly training to GRC department
- Monitor staff productivity and development.
- Identify potential clients for business development initiatives
- Prepare responsive and adequately researched tenders/quotations.
- Execute administrative roles to the best of his/her ability.
- Sharing and transfer of knowledge amongst colleagues
- Alert colleagues and directors of all obstacles that hinder the audit process
- Assist GRC personnel in resolving obstacles affecting engagements.
- Timely clearing of review issued by the Director before reports are submitted to the clients.
- Ensure adherence to the service delivery methodologies at all time.
- Render general administration responsibilities relating to Ngubane & Co and the Client as delegated by the Director; and
- Participate in bi-weekly departmental meetings and prepare/review minutes of meetings.
- Honest, respectful and trustworthy
- Communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Good leadership, interpersonal and management skills
- Confident and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Client liaison skills
- Admnistrative and time management skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree and Honours in Internal Auditing or equivalent
- CIA/CA/ACCA Certification
- 12 years audit experience
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
APPLY FOR POSITION
We, Ngubane acknowledge that we are committed to protecting and promoting the privacy of Personal Information including that of its clients or any other individuals or Organisations, and to give effect to the constitutional right to privacy and to fulfil its obligations under the Protection of Personal Information Act (Hereinafter ‘POPI’).